HR Manager job in Kendal Cumbria
Job Ref: 6865
Job Type: PERM
Location: Kendal Cumbria
Date Posted: 27-08-2020
Category: Human Resources
Our client , an award winning manufacturer, is looking to recruit an experienced HR Manager into their expanding and highly successful business which is made up of production, warehouse and office staff.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of HR Manager:
- To provide advice and support to Line Managers on matters relating to Performance Management, Disciplinary and Grievance, absence management, including long term sick
- Ensuring current legislation and best practice are complied with and attending meetings as required
- Provide advice and support to employees relating to their terms and conditions
- Review the HR processes and procedures to ensure the HR function and services are continually improved
- Managing recruitment process, drafting job specs and manage the end to end recruitment process including designing the process , conducting CV sift, conducting screening interviews, conducting background checks and referencing
- HR process, procedures and policies including Employee handbook and any updates to legislation, creating employee contracts, right to work checks and related HR admin
- Ensure induction plan is in place for every employee, work with Managers to ensure probationary processes are complete, new starter workshops introducing CMT values/ history.
Skills required for the role of HR Manager:
- Knowledge of current UK employment legislation
- Recruitment process / best practice / volume recruitment
- Flexible, pro-active and agile approach to work.
- Previous experience as a HR Manager ideally gained within a fast paced industry
- Sound working knowledge of HR practices.
- Ability to manage upwards, influence and engage senior managers and build relationships across all levels of the business.
- A self-starter with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.