HR Administrator Temp To Permanent job in Whalley Range
Job Ref: 6164
Job Type: PERM, TEMP
Location: Whalley Range
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 8th September, 2017
Category: Administration Office Support, Administrative, HR/ Training
Our client is looking for an HR Administrator to start on a Temporary Basis with view to a permanent role
Role and Responsibilities:
- Producing job descriptions and person specifications in liaison with the relevant members of staff
- Placing advertisements on our Applicant Tracking System, E-Teach, council websites, and website
- Making up and sending out standardised application packs electronically to candidates and ensuring all information pertaining to vacancies is on the website
- Acknowledging applications
- Collating all applications and photocopying or circulating as required to those responsible for shortlisting
- Contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and inviting them for interview and follow up with confirmation letter and details of any requirements on the day
- Applying for references of candidates invited for interview or for those offered positions post-interview
- Preparing interview schedules in liaison with various members of staff and ensuring cover in place for those involved
- Making up packs for interviewing staff, ensuring interview questions are available on the designated template
- Sending out reject letters to unsuccessful candidates
- Photocopying ID of candidates on day of interview and subsequent destruction of ID of unsuccessful candidates
- Continued chasing of required documentation relating to the employment of staff once a job offer has been made, eg references, proof of qualifications, overseas checks etc
- Ensuring a file is made up for each new starter containing all the required recruitment documentation
DBS Administration & Processing and Compliance
- Ensuring all new starters undergo an on-line DBS check, ensuring all original evidence is produced and retaining copies on files.
- Ensuring Risk Assessments are carried out as required, particularly for those staff for whom a DBS is not required, eg visitors, work experience students etc.
- Ensuring Overseas and other checks are conducted on all new members of staff
Absence Management Administration
- Responsible for the full recording of all sickness absence .
- Issuing return to work/self-certification forms to all staff to return following their absence.
- Chasing return to work forms, ensuring they are signed off and forwarded for payroll purposes.
- Ensuring return to work interviews have been conducted by Line Managers and that the paperwork is signed by all parties.
- Photocopying any doctors/Fit notes for employee files and forwarding the originals to the Bursar.
- Collating and producing absence management data
- Ensuring all paperwork relating to staff absences is stored on the employee’s personnel file.
- Checking flex system for staff signing in/out and sending chaser e-mails as required.
Disciplinary / Capability Hearings & Appeals
- Assisting the preparation of paperwork and packs required.
- Taking Minutes at meetings as required.
- Arranging Exit Interviews with all leaving staff in accordance
- Maintaining all staff employee files ensuring filing i