Health and Safety Facilities Supervisor job in Salford
Job Ref: 7074
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 21-06-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is extremely successful and expanding company who is looking for an experienced and practical Health & Safety and Facilities Supervisor to co-ordinate, support, maintain and improve all aspects of health & safety over two warehouse sites. This will include effective communication, training and monitoring and focusing on using best business practice to improve efficiency.
The successful candidate will have IOSH or NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company who are invested in making their workplace a great place to be.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Develop and implement all necessary procedures to ensure the effective monitoring of quality standards.
• Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments and safe systems of work for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure loan working procedures are managed.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented and investigated and reported to the Director of Operations and recommended improvements are implemented.
• Ensure safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported.
• Provide any necessary training and advice to managers and staff.
• Ensure all necessary training is carried out and logged on our in-house system.
• Hold H & S meetings and ensure all appropriate actions identified are taken.
• Implement practical and effective methods of promoting health and safety in the workplace.
• Ensure all compliance training is logged and kept up to date including First Aid, Fire Wardens and FLT drivers.
• Work with external consultants to ensure all actions resulting from annual Health & Safety and Fire Risk assessment reviews are reported to the Director of Operations and are dealt with.
Experience and Competences required:
• Experience working as a Health, Safety and Facilities Supervisor.
• Excellent communicator with the ability to converse across a wide audience.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great administration and organisational skills
• High levels of initiative and motivation
• Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
• IOSH or NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification.