Head of ECommerce job in Stockport
Job Ref: 6972
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 15-03-2021
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital, Management, Marketing/ Advertising/ PR
This role would suit someone who has taken the journey from web development, web construction, PPC into marketing and leadership; must understand both the back end and front end development
It is essential that the successful candidate has done all of this journey BUT must must have the man management skills, managing a team of both IT technical experts, as well as creative copy writers, graphic designers and ecommerce executives AND then can communicate the whole picture in line with the greater company focus
The focus of the role is growth on the website online business and requires someone with demonstrable ability to do this; the expertise to increase exposure, improve rankings, manage the data set and segmentation of customers to develop this part of the business and at the same time develop their extremely talented existing team to deliver growth whilst interfacing between Ecommerce and rest of the business
MUST have experience of MAGENTO, and any knowledge of MAGENTO 2 even better
Overview of the position of Head of ECommerce:
Leads the ecommerce team to produce a best-in-industry website and uses conversion rate optimisation to make continual improvements to the offering, technical functionality and content. Monitors and analyses marketing performance, scrutinises and manages agency activity to drive improvements and meet strategic goals, and leads the trading of the site to maximise revenue
Role and Responsibility for the position of Head of ECommerce.
- Product ownership: Acts as the product owner for the ecommerce business, driving and maintaining high standards across all areas of the site.
- Requirements analysis: Analyses business requirements for new functionality (either directly or through data analysis) and delivers detailed specifications and wireframes to the Senior Creative Designer and Lead Developer to implement.
- Development management: Prioritises, coordinates and delivers development projects aimed at improving e-commerce and marketing KPIs in a manner which minimises development bottlenecks and ensures maximum productivity within the team.
- Ecommerce strategy: Develops, owns and drives strategy to obtain growth in acquisition, conversion rate, AOV, revenue, profitability and other key metrics.
- Management: Manages the ecommerce team to merchandise, develop and enhance the site functionality and design to meet goals and obtain continual improvement.
- Training: Trains team members to produce and improve performance to allow key accountabilities to be performed adequately and improved.
- Competitor analysis: Monitors and analyses competitor offerings to identify competitive issues and opportunities.
- Analytics and optimisation: Measures the performance of the site, collates feedback from stakeholders and customers, implements and analyses tests and specifies and/or produces content, design, configuration or development changes designed to increase conversion rate and other key metrics.
- Reporting: Regularly publishes scheduled reports on ecommerce and marketing performance and communicates findings to key stakeholders. Produces detailed monthly analysis of departmental performance for the board.
- Data warehousing: Develops a data warehouse to pull together disparate data sources to provide retention, acquisition and channel profitability data to drive ecommerce and marketing strategy and to allow the detailed behavioural segmentation of customers.
- Promotional analysis and testing: Develops tools to facilitate the analysis of marketing promotions in order to ascertain their impact on key marketing and ecommerce KPIs. Proposes regular promotional tests to identify potential improvements and collaborates with ecommerce team to adjust future promotions.
- Product and feed optimisation: Optimises product copy, product data and product feeds and feed attributes to generate increases in conversion rate and improve search engine optimisation and paid search performance.
- Agency management: Monitors and scrutinises performance of digital marketing agency to drive improvements. Works towards in-housing digital marketing activity.
- Promotion set-up: Liaises with Lead Developer, Senior Designer and Ecommerce and Marketing Assistant to set up promotion codes and landing pages, where relevant, in Magento in readiness for pre-scheduled promotions. Performs and analyses conversion rate optimisation tests to improve landing page performance and feeds required changes back to Designer/Lead Developer to implement in future templates.
- Content: Commissions, creates and optimises content to aid the customer and drive organic traffic for target keywords
Experience and Skills required for the position Head of ECommerce
- Highly analytical with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Adaptable, decisive and detail oriented.
- Strong knowledge and experience of ecommerce management.
- Current, in-depth knowledge of SEO, CRM, email marketing and PPC.
- Extensive, in-depth experience with Google Analytics APIs.
- Strong SQL, data mining and data analysis skills.
- Strong knowledge of Magento development.
- Drives continual improvements in marketing activities and metrics.
- Produces a site which is viewed as the market leader.
- Regularly delivers high quality development projects.
- Delivers an increase in organic search traffic to reduce reliance on paid search.
- Increases email marketing performance metrics through data warehouse segments.
- Introduces a test-driven methodology to drive improvements and strategic decisions.