Floral Artist job in Salford
Job Ref: 6947
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 02-02-2021
Our client is looking to recruit a highly creative floral artist to create beautiful everlasting arrangements that are sold across the globe
The business has an impressive digital presence and is one of the market leaders in their field.
Due to their ongoing growth strategy, our client is looking for both a Senior and Junior ambitious and driven Floral Art Technician to join their growing team.
Responsibilties, Skills Required and Person Specification for the role of Floral Artist
- An inspired, creative Floral Art Technician who has the capability to pick up the company’s brand identity, design aesthetic and produce arrangements that are not only on design trend, but who has the ability to identify new trends
- You will be responsible for making floral products for their online store and retail stores
- You may also be required to assist in the creation and execution of bespoke floral installations for luxury weddings, private celebrations and corporate events, as well as bespoke floral displays for premium retailers, hotels and restaurants and custom made orders
- The chosen candidates will be expected to work well alone in the creation of products and also thrive off of working in a team-oriented environment, with family-like values, where inspiration is taken from every individual to create products that appeal to a wide variety of customers, worldwide
- Working closely with the Creative Head, to prospect and build your own artistic portfolio with the development of new and improvement of old products
- Your role will include creative production skills.
The Ideal Candidate for the position of Floral Artist:
- You will possess great desire for a creative outlet, be able to follow instructions well especially in regards to existing products, with the ability to be self-motivated and mutually encouraging.
- You will be an individual with enthusiasm, energy, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, with the ability to go the extra mile when required
- To be successful in this position, the candidate should be comfortable working independently without supervision and in a group in their team-oriented environment, in public and with external businesses and associates
- You must be a confident individual who can be flexible enough to create designs upon customer’s demand and time scales
- You must also have an eye for detail and be able to quality check both your own work and when required the work of others.
- Work alongside the Creative Head to ensure all customer orders meet quality standards
- Work as part of a team to construct arrangements for all orders and upcoming events when necessary.
- Manage personal work flow to ensure on-time delivery of every product and every project is achieved.
- Ideally skilled in aspects of floristry with a keen eye for beautiful floral creations that are full of colour, texture, and detail
- Capable of creating everything from a simple design to unique, out of the box designs.
- A creative edge and a passion to develop new products and ideas.
- Excellent communication skills to form strong working relationships within the team.
- Self-starter who is energetic and flexible.
- Detail oriented
- Prioritises responsibilities to achieve results.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Must have flexible availability to work occasional weekends and national holidays
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Minimum of 1-2 year of experience in a Floral or Creative Arts role
- Interest in floristry an advantage (but in no way essential, will train someone who loves to create beautiful items)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent quality check qualities
- Reliable, with excellent time management skills and punctuality.