Financial Controller job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6648
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £40,000 circa
Date Posted: 10-07-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is looking to recruit a CIMA/CGMA qualified/part qualified Financial Controller from the manufacturing/engineering sector , with at least 5 years experience at this level, degree or equivalent educated to take responsibility for full accounting function together with other managerial responsibilities.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have advanced Excel as well as exposure toERP systems; any knowledge of “Customs Warehouse” would be a distinct advantage but full training given in this area if required but would be helpful if the candidate had some awareness of Importing procedures but again this is not essential
Overview of the role of Financial Controller:
- To produce monthly and annual management accounts, and to interpret the results.
- Act as both Company Secretary, and Secretary to the Trustees of Pension Scheme.
- Maintain Customs Warehouse records and make timely submissions to HMRC.
- Exercise inventory control through supervision of incoming materials management
- Oversee finance, customer service and materials control staff in day-to-day operations.
- Provide data against the Business Plan showing variances to objectives, targets and KPI’s.
Key Responsibilities for the position of Financial Controller:
- Produce all company accounts in a timely manner both monthly and annually.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and forecasts.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and reviewing internal reports.
- Manage currency exchanges to best optimise cash flow and minimise foreign currency exchange losses
- Supervise and manage all finance and other administrative staff.
- Motivate and lead staff by clarifying roles and providing feedback.
- Suggest updates and improvements in accounting systems.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation, including Intrastat, VAT and EU sales.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with regulations.
- Develop budgets and financial plans based on research and data reports.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Work closely with General Manager, Sales and Operations Teams on inventory management and planning
- Support sales team with volume/selling price scenario analysis
- Reconcile intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Support Operations and General Manager with analyses on Capital Investment needs and related Return on Investment details
- Prepare any lease/buy analysis and repair/replace analysis
- Report directly to the General Manager, with indirect reporting to the corporate CFO.
- Assist the General Manager in presenting reports to board members.
- Special projects and other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience for the position of Financial Controller:
- Seasoned professional qualified CIMA/CGMA/ACMA/ACCA
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding, and preferably experience of Customs Warehouse procedures would be ideal
- Committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- High attention to detail and accuracy, proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and demonstrate flexibility when presented with change
Excellent package including competitive salary and car allowance