Financial Controller Qualified or Qualified by Experience job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6168
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £30,000 - £43,000
Date Posted: 16th November, 2017
Category: Accounting/ Finance
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly experienced, dynamic and forward thinking FC who would thrive in a new division being set up by an established, financially secure business that currently supplies local authorities/health care providers with their technologically advanced product
This new division will be supplying the customer direct, through online and TV advertising
The ideal candidate must be able to stand autonomously, who has experience of putting in place systems and procedures together with the management skills and gravitas to ensure they are adhered to
This person will also have worked within an industry where the end user is the customer, ie the customer orders product and it is delivered direct to them, an understanding of financial processes around stock management, and a very strong awareness of cash flow, budgets etc
The company has been established 5 years, with a healthy order book and contracts in place, providing support to local authorities who assist the elderly and vulnerable in society
They are looking for someone who will come in and establish robust systems and procedures and become responsible for the full financial function of the business.
- Using a full set of statutory accounts, plus monthly management accounts and detailed 18 month forecast (and back up schedules) creating a more detailed working document to improve the basis of the system of reporting and amending the budget to more accurately reflect likely outcomes for the business, with assistance from the MD and company accountants.
- Ensuring that there is a robust system in place to account for the influx of work from new sales channels, those being retail sales directly to the public. Experience of a direct sales operation is ideal but not essential.
- Devising a system for reporting on the component Cost of Sales, tracking goods required to fulfil orders, both in the contractual sector and in retail sales, taking account of deposits and part payments.
- Attending board meetings and delivering progress reports, specifically cash flow reporting
- Seeking outside investment funding if required
- Assisting with the provisions of costings and quotes for all aspects of the company’s sales
- Making presentations to stakeholders including local authorities and charitable trusts
- You will be required to familiarise yourself with the mission of the company, embrace the culture and learn about the equipment being sold, with a view to becoming an ambassador for the business and its brand.
- Ideally from a building or technical background