Finance Tax Assistant job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6601
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000
Date Posted: 26-03-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is looking for a Finance Tax Assistant to join us on a full time basis to support the team with the calculation and submission of tax claims. This role would possibly suit someone who is currently working for Chartered Accountants and is looking for a role within commercial sector
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Finance Tax Assistant:
- Genuine commitment and passion to help SME’s and large clients to successfully claim potential Tax refund/credits.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- To be a capable user of computerised accounting and tax software applications as well as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- At least 2 years of experience of analysing financial data in an accurate and timely manner
- A co-operative and flexible approach to working with others to meet agreed objectives and deadlines
- Be willing to go beyond their day-to-day duties if required
- Proven self-management skills enabling the role holder to set and manage priorities
- Ideally you have gained some relevant experience from an Accountancy practice and are looking for your next career move. This role will enable you to work independently and learn and develop new skills.
- Have excellent communication skills as you will be supporting and working closely with clients and their accountants.
- Be highly organised, ambitious with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Research and solve various tax issues and questions for directors / clients
- Offer day to day support to directors and clients
- Take responsibility for ensuring client tax computations are prepared on a timely basis for review
- Liaise with the clients and/or their accountants to obtain information required to prepare tax computations
- Researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in the UK
- Working with tax law and revenue provisions
- Liaising and negotiating with HMRC on behalf of the client if needed
- Giving proactive tax advice / feedback to clients/Directors
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax benefits / refunds
- producing summary reports and presentations for clients
- Completion of tax evaluation and in some cases the submission or amendment of ct600’s for clients, ensuring high standards of accuracy at all times.
- Assist with the management of a portfolio of clients and act as point of contact for tax enquiries, including providing advice on tax eligibility and submission.