Export Sales Manager job in Bury
Job Ref: 6610
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Date Posted: 24-04-2019
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Sales
Our leading independent manufacturer and distributor of skin care and personal care products is looking for, due to expansion and exceptional growth, an experienced Export Sales Manager from the cosmetics/skincare or personal care sector to join their business.
It is required that the successful candidate, for the position of Export Sales Manager, would have a client base that will compliment their existing customer base which is mainly large scale discount retailers and distributors
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Export Sales Manager:
With a background in the personal and Skincare categories, the primary role of the Export Sales Manager is to generate sales from new and existing clients from the company’s portfolio of personal care brands. Based from home and the head office in Bury, the role covers the maintenance of existing customer base, but has a significant focus on developing new customers. A hands on approach to all aspects of the customer role is required which will also include attendance at UK and overseas trade shows.
- Research potential markets and conduct personal selling visits
- Organise sales promotions, appoint agents and distributors where appropriate
- Manage the sale of products or services to customers in other countries.
- Studying the market in the target country or countries
- Identifying new markets for exports and developing new business accounts
- Planning a sales campaign suited to that country and current consumer trends
- Planning and reviewing budgets for product ranges
- Meeting with clients here or overseas
- Negotiating the sale terms and meeting sales targets
- Organising licences and other legal requirements for certain product
- Managing administration, such as orders, contracts and export documents
- Troubleshooting to sort out any problems with the exports
- Based in the UK but travel abroad on a regular basis developing and maintaining good contacts with clients, distributors and suppliers.
- Existing database of current client contacts within the personal care and skincare channels.
- Proven track record of Business Development/Sales in an International environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to develop healthy, professional relationships.
- Strong commercial background with excellent negotiation skills.
- Working with a structured price list, excellent negotiation skills required.
- Should be able to work in a target oriented work environment and should be able to prioritize work based on the given deadlines.
- Flexibility with travel requirements.
- Flexible location to suit Territory of Responsibility.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- IT Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook to maintain and update reports and presentations
- An educational background in marketing, sales, business administration would prove to be beneficial, but not essential.
- Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 -17.00. However it is expected that the candidate will work flexibly to meet the demands of the business.
Excellent package including competitive basic, very good commission structure, expenses etc.