Distribution Office Manager job in Salford
Job Ref: 6844
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 03-07-2020
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Textiles/ Fashion
Our client is looking to recruit a Distribution Office Manager, reporting to the Head of Distribution, and to take responsibility for the efficient running of the despatch office, delivering best in class service level to their customers, whilst ensuring processes are effective and fit for purpose. The ideal candidate will have come from clothing or textiles environment with experience of dealing with orders to retailers and fulfilment of online B2C customer orders
This is very much a hands on role and able to provide support with any and all tasks in the office.
Key Responsibilities for the position of Distribution Office Manager:
- Manage the workload of a team of 8 Administrators, supporting the despatch function of a busy distribution site. Delegating administrative and operational tasks as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Liaise with the Warehouse Manager and Shift Managers to ensure timely completion of all required despatch procedures .
- Manage the efficient and friendly liaison between the team and head office.
- Liaise with external transport companies and the Despatch Supervisor to book transport.
- Arrange customer bookings for deliveries as required.
- Liaise with head office on despatch queries and stock outages.
- Ensure all customer services queries are dealt with promptly and accurately.
- Manage an inspire the team.
- Set and monitor KPI’s for the office.
- Recruitment of office staff.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Deliver change.
Skills required for the position of Distribution Office Manager:
- You must be able to demonstrate success in a similar role, working at a management and planning level.
- Experience of leading and motivating teams to achieve results whilst growing their skills and capabilities to meet business requirements.
- Excellent excel skills and full Microsoft suite.
- Educated to A Level or Degree standard or equivalent.
- A good communicator with experience of working at management level.
- Proactive and methodical with attention to detail.
- Able to think problems, opportunities and requirements through and then provide informed opinions and recommendations for action.