Despatch Office Supervisor job in Worsley
Job Ref: 7003
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 14-04-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking to recruit a Despatch Office Supervisor based at their busy warehouse site in Worsley.
This role is reporting to the Site Manager, and where you will take responsibility for the efficient running of the despatch office, delivering best in class service level to customers, whilst ensuring processes are effective and fit for purpose. You will be expected to be hands on and able to provide support with any and all tasks in the office.
Key Responsibilities for the position of Despatch Office Supervisor
- Manage the workload of a team of 2 Administrators, supporting the despatch and goods in function of a busy distribution site. Delegating administrative and operational tasks as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the team;
- Liaise with the Site Manager and Shift Manager to ensure timely completion of all required despatch and goods in procedures;
- Manage the efficient and friendly liaison between the team and head office;
- Liaise with the one of their Key Account Management team on despatch queries and stock outages;
- Book goods in;
- Set and monitor KPI’s for the office;
- Carry out induction training;
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to;
- Any other duties to assist in the operation and expansion of the business;
- Provide administrative support for warehouse meetings;
- Flexibility to ensure administrative cover is provided as required.
Key Competencies for the position of Despatch Office Supervisor
- You must be able to demonstrate success in a similar role; as in having worked in a Despatch/Warehouse Environment in an administrative supervisory role
- Experience of leading and motivating teams to achieve results whilst growing their skills and capabilities to meet business requirements;
- Excellent excel skills and full Microsoft suite;
- Educated to A Level or equivalent
- A good communicator with experience of working at all levels;
- Proactive and methodical with attention to detail;
- Able to think problems, opportunities and requirements through and then provide informed opinions and recommendations for action.