Despatch Coordinator job in Salford
Job Ref: 7135
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 09-09-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking to recruit a Despatch Coordinator , based in their state of the art warehouse , to coordinate the despatch of products to customers in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Despatch Coordinator:
- Print pick slips at time designated by duty matrix in office, eg. 8am, 10am, 11am, 12.00, 15.00
- Confirm shipments ensuring attention to detail in relation to releasing back orders, cancelling or back ordering nil stock, accuracy is essential
- Transport Administration (Produce delivery notes and arrange consignment via parcel carrier, pallet network,and various nominated carriers as directed by the customer)
- Booking Deliveries
- Liaise with Despatch Supervisor to obtain counts, update deliveries and ensure everything is completed and leaves on time.
- Answer phone calls as necessary and respond to queries as required
- Manage individual key accounts as required by the training matrix in the office. Follow and if necessary, amend key account processes to reflect any changes. Liaise with customer to ensure timely bookings for transport. Produce relevant paperwork and labels as per processes.
- Cross-train to be able to book in containers
- Monitor and respond to all incoming emails from external and internal sources
- Take responsibility on a daily basis for different aspects of work as required by the responsibility matrix
- Maintain Demand Enquiry screen in JDE.
- Clear negatives on a daily basis
- Assist with shortage claims and processing credits when required.