Design Technician job in Radcliffe
Job Ref: 6400
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 17-08-2018
Category: Textiles/ Fashion
This role requires a creative individual who has the desire to work in a textile design environment
As Design Technician, you will be responsible for the technical packs sent to suppliers, from design sign off to submission.
You will be accountable for demonstrating due diligence in the preparation of technical information and ensuring it is fit for purpose. In addition you will assist in archiving of designs as and when completed.
Working closely with our Design Team, you will:
- Take briefs from designers on what technical specifications are required.
- Create technical drawings of product required, ensuring designs are sized to give the correct look for the product.
- Ensure all sizing is correctly identified and labelled.
- Produce full technical documentation for issue to the factories, thus ensuring each product is sampled and manufactured to the highest possible standards.
- Request and assess samples for make-up, stitching and dimensions.
- Assist in archiving of completed designs using Daminion software, ensuring all technical and design information is completed correctly to ensure search criteria functionality is maintained.
Strong initiative and proactive approach to all tasks
Excellent communication skills
Articulate and creative
Strong attention to detail.
The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
Able to interpret data and make decisions based on it.
Technical experience within the home furnishings or textile industry, covering a variety of different textile product types.
Have a relevant textile qualification.
IT and personal skills
Proficient use of Word, Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Good interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Nedgraphics or AVA