Data Analyst job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6110
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 24th July, 2017
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Data Analyst with a strong numerical statistical bias to turn project requirements into custom-formatted data reports.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to complete life cycle data generation and outline critical information for different clients.
They need someone who can analyse data and recommend specific types of reports that can be used to improve upon their service delivery.
This is a unique system so full training is given on their system so a candidate with exceptional data analysis expertise, who is comfortable working with a variety of report generation/data management systems etc would be ideal
- Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data analysis systems
- Providing insight and analysis through clear visual, written and verbal communication.
The company pride themselves on doing what is right for their customers, working in a fast growing and innovative area, they are constantly developing and improving their service delivery to suit the changing needs of their customers.
The key focus will be to develop reports and analyse data and get involved with project related tasks.
Numerically secure, candidates will have a good working knowledge of both Statistics and Mathematics to at least A level standard and demonstrate a keen interest in analytics programming.
They will have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and will possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates will be able to articulate information clearly for non-technical people to understand.
They pride themselves on being a friendly place to work so in joining the business, candidates will need to be great team players as well as reliable, self-driven and customer focused.
Day to day activities will include, but are not limited to;
Analysing client data to improve service levels, determine savings opportunities and provide compelling risk related reports that can be used across their customer base, and assisting the combined development teams in implementing these reports as documents by working directly with the operations team.
Demands of the role
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Proficiency in quickly transforming data into information suitable for executive decision making
- Ability to understand the strategic goals of the business to make relevant and appropriate recommendations
- Proven ability to adapt to reporting/analysis tool changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidates will be conversing regularly with senior management teams within the business and occasionally be customer facing
- Demonstrative teamwork and collaboration skills
- Willingness to take direction and ask for help as needed
- Ability to take the initiative as well as demonstrate independence and self-motivation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical individuals effectively