Customer Service Desk 1st Line Support job in Urmston
Job Ref: 6437
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 26-07-2018
Category: Customer Services, IT/ Technology/ Digital
An exceptional opportunity to join a first class company and develop your experience within IT support and customer services. There is also the opportunity to attend college to further your qualifications under the Apprenticeship Scheme
This role is the primary point of contact for all customers and users of the business’s software, systems and devices. The Service Desk provides 1st line support services to all external customers and users including call logging, placing consumable orders, call/order queries, and initial call troubleshooting, diagnosis and remote resolution where possible.
The Service Desk also provide key administrative tasks directly affecting the end user experience. As the main ‘go to’ department for the customer the Service Desk liaise closely with other internal departments and external suppliers to investigate and resolve customer queries.
This role is an entry level Service Desk position and while previous IT Service Desk experience is desirable, it is not essential.
- Call handling, logging and processing
- Email handling, logging and processing
- 1st line support (troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution)
- Providing essential solutions for customers and keeping them informed of new developments within the business.
- The ability to build sustainable relationships with the customer and their account.
- Proactive order/service authorisation
- Proactive Customer Management
- High levels of Customer Service on every contact with supplier or customer
- Chasing suppliers for orders or part detail.
- Clear communication and expectation on each and every customer contact.
- Keep customer records of every conversation on the systems database in a clear and comprehensive manner.
Essential technical skills:
- Excellent customer facing attitude and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer Service or Contact Centre background.
- Basic knowledge and understanding to use desktop software (i.e. internet explorer, outlook)
- Understanding of CRM systems.
The following are an advantage:
- Good written documentation skills
- Advanced investigative and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of complaint handling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key network technologies (TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of desktop and tablet software
- Good decision making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to achieve goals
- Desire to work and develop in a customer facing support role
- Good time management skills
Impact and Influence:
- The ability to be able to handle customer complaints at first contact and resolve to satisfaction.
- Credibility and professionalism to be able to work on high security accounts.
- Meet team and personal objectives on a weekly/monthly/annual basis.