Customer Relationship Development Officer job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6936
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Date Posted: 12-01-2021
Category: Customer Services, IT/ Technology/ Digital, Sales, Sales Support
As a result of continued growth our client is looking to recruit a Customer Relationship Development Officer within the Telecom/IT industry
The successful candidate will currently be working as customer service, technical support, sales account manager or sales in Network Services, Telecoms, VoIP and/ or Data.
The Company offer best in class service at delivering cloud & on-premise telephony, IT and CCTV solutions as well as supporting conventional telephony, IT and CCTV installations, set up in 1999 and collectively their carefully selected team has 50 plus years’ experience in voice & data and serves over 600 installations UK wide in a rapidly growing market.
The Customer Relationship Development Officer is responsible for the effective maintenance and development of client relationships and customer’s general enquires and development needs as well as works closely with the Helpdesk providing sales related support. These services will require an in-depth understanding of customer support and development plus lines, mobile, broadband, router, telecoms, VoIP, SIP and data.
To succeed in this role you will be expected to:
- Responsible for in-life management of the direct customer base by developing personal relationship via phone, video call or email or face-to-face;
- Assist with the in-life management of specific key account clients and customer accounts by developing personal relationship via phone, video call or email or face-to-face.
- Log all customer and client requests within the relevant system and update tickets in a timely manner;
- Take ownership of customer and client enquires and requests, following up on their behalf and communicate progress and/ or quote in a timely manner;
- Qualify, research and deliver solutions, lines, broadband, network, hardware & software;
- Refer to the directors where applicable;
- Liaise with external providers & suppliers to ensure correct solution to agreed standards and timescales;
- Manage, prioritise and plan own work schedules and deal with enquires within the set SLAs;
- Provide basic training on systems and applications;
- Troubleshoot basic network issues such as line, broadband, router, telecoms and data issues;
- Maintain a high degree of customer management for all enquires;
- Add to the customer experience from on-boarding/in-life management;
- To keep low churn within account base to <5%;
- To increase cross selling/product penetration within account base;
- Retain 95% of all customers;
- Manage profitability in line with commercial guidelines;
- From time to time, attend customer sites to assist in rollout / deployment of the telephone & data solutions;
- Be part of the out-of-hours on-call rota for the Service Desk which is paid addition to the salary listed;
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate with customers and within the company
- Deliver a proactive Contact Strategy to customer base
- Deliver a proactive review strategy for all customer base
- To be able to self-educate and attain industry standard, vendor and other recognised technical certifications to be able to fully deliver in the role
- Liaise with clients to analyse, review, identify and develop relationships that meet/exceed customer needs
- Drive upselling and cross-selling within customer base, including the build of a sustainable pipeline
- Deliver a retention strategy to help reduce churn in line with expectations
- Demonstrate excellent commercial acumen to help maintain margin within customer base and to drive GP within customer base new sales
- Demonstrate ability to provide accurate business reporting in line with Line Manager guidelines and timeframes
- Have a positive attitude toward customers in all interactions, especially listening and establish positive rapport
- Follow and assist develop all processes and procedures that are put in place which may change from time to time
- Pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Keep systems up to date and accurate
Experience & Knowledge required for the role of Customer Account & Development Officer:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months background in Sales Account Management & Development, lines, broadband, telecoms, VoIP, SIP and/ or data.
- Be familiar with the primary functions of lines, broadband, wide area networks, networking equipment, VoIP, telecoms, data, & CCTV.
- Have awareness of some of the following vendor products; Panasonic, HV Select, Office 365, Yealink, Draytek, HiKVision, etc.
- Possess strong knowledge of account management & developed skills and tools
- Have experience in managing and developing an existing customer base.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Logical approach to identifying opportunities, savings, solutions and commitment to seeing the job through, working in ticketing system
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team with a strong work ethic and team mentality
- Willingness to learn new technologies and keep abreast of the UC sector, using self-learning and dedicated training techniques
- Working to set deadlines and SLA’s, with the ability to multitask
- Flexible, tenacious, highly self-motivated and committed to achieving goals
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet very tight deadlines, whilst remaining calm and focused on the activities needed to complete the job