Credit Controller job in Radcliffe
Job Ref: 7011
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 22-04-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join their team
The main purpose of the Credit Controller role is to manage and maintain the sales ledger.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Credit Controller:
- Timely collection of outstanding debt from customers
- Responsible for meeting targets in monthly receivables meetings
- Processing credit requests and updating records
- Processing new account applications and ensuring all signed agreements in place before opening of accounts
- Work closely with their credit insurers to ensure that appropriate cover is in place and that we have reduced risk where possible
- Regular ongoing reviews of credit limits to meet insurance policy requirements including renewals
- Posting and allocating of cash, debit notes and discounts on the ledger and ensuring accounts are reconciled correctly
- Credit checking/releasing sales orders
- Assisting with sales month end procedures, including reporting on debtors, sales and returns.
- Sending Invoices, Credits and Discounts to the bank
- Balancing and keeping the invoice discounting reconciliations up to date
- General ad-hoc duties to assist the finance team and the wider business.
Experience required for the role of Credit Controller:
- Minimum 3 years’ credit control experience, and experience dealing with credit insurers
- Strong analytic and numeric skills to deal with large volumes of data
- Able to prioritise workload and demonstrate flexibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Persistence and tenacity, assertiveness without being aggressive, ability to build relationships with clients
- Confident and independent with a down to earth can-do approach
- Excellent Excel skills.