Contracts Manager job in Manchester
Job Ref: 4761
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Date Posted: 16-01-2020
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is a well respected, nationally known refurbishment contractor that specialises in the Education and Industrial Sectors and is looking to recruit a Contract Manager/Estimator to manage UK wide projects. These projects encompass building alterations, M&E service provision and furniture fit-out. Project values range from £50K to £500K.
This is a key role within the business and requires an individual who can also survey and price work, with a strong understanding of building renovation prior to installation, such as electrical and plumbing works
The role of Contract Manager/Estimator requires an individual who is flexible and can price work, purchase materials, liaise with clients and project manage site from setup through to hand over.
Ideal Candidate for the position of Contracts Manager:
- This role would suit a Contracts Manager/ Estimator or Surveyor/ Project Manager.
- You will need to be able to cover multiple projects at any one time, over a large geographical area.
- Full UK driving licence to enable travel to sites nationwide.
- Proven experience in shop-fitting or interiors industry.
- M&E or building background and happy to be hands on.
- Ideally you should live within easy commuting distance of Manchester as you will be required to work one or two days a week in head office. Working week is Monday to Friday (weekends not expected).
- A real team player, with an abundance of passion, loyalty and honesty, who enjoys working as part of a team.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Contracts Manager:
- Survey site – either alone or in tandem with a salesman.
- Produce costing for surveyed works as basis for quotation
- Oversee production of Construction Phase documents including risk assessments and method statements
- Develop programme of works for each site
- Set up site, select site team and appoint sub-contractors
- Negotiate costs with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Co-ordinate trades and manage resources for each project
- Manage progress on site to ensure all contracts are finished on time, to agreed specification and within budget
- Manage Health and Safety on site
- Liaise with clients to update progress and resolve any issues which occur on site
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Check purchase ledger and sub-contract invoices against orders/work carried out to ensure correctness and to maintain margin
- On completion, arrange for handover, post contract meetings, certification, operations manuals etc.
Requirements for the position of Contracts Manager:
- Preferably IOSH & CSCS qualified
- First aid training
- H&S experience – producing RAMS and promoting a positive attitude towards Health & Safety
- Construction experience, hands on preferably
- Good knowledge of current construction techniques and Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of CDM and building regulations.
- IT proficient – MS Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Willing to travel and stay away
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and a keen eye for detail.
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Track record of successful projects
Excellent salary plus car/car allowance