Compliance Officer job in Knutsford
Job Ref: 6713
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
Date Posted: 25-10-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client, operating within Financial Services Industry, is looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to ensure the business exceeds regulatory systems and controls, protecting both their clients and the business.
This is an essential role within the company to oversee and implementation of appropriate systems and control procedures including AML, counter terrorist financing and anti-bribery/corruption requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for any individual that is looking for a challenging and varied position with fantastic career prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities for the position of Compliance Officer:
- Support the Head of Compliance
- Produce reports involving detailed research and analysis
- To work with internal departments to provide support and guidance on compliance framework, policies and procedures
- Identifying, assessing and managing compliance risk within the business, meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the internal stakeholders
- Regularly review and keep up to date with changes in regulatory, legislative and market practices that impact the business
Person/Experience required for the position of Compliance Officer
- Previous compliance experience within the financial services industry
- 2/3 years’ experience of working in a multi-disciplined team
- Strong understanding of all regulations that impact the business
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be able to undertake a variety of analysis and maintain accuracy and quality
- Strong report writing skills
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills, a team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment.
- Ability to build relationships effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word