Capital Allowances Analyst job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6442
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000
Date Posted: 31-07-2018
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is looking for a Capital Allowances Analyst to strengthen their team; this role is to analyse Capital Expenditure on Commercial property to identify whether or not Tax Relief is eligible to be claimed back from HMRC.
The ideal candidate will have some exposure to Tax, although training is given, together with an excellent educational record with at least a 2(i) in a relevant Finance/Economics or Accountancy Degree or similar.
Exceptional communication skills, very strong analytical and report writing abilities are also an essential requirement
Role & Responsibilities for Capital Allowances Analyst:
- Analysing capital expenditure relating to the purchase, construction and refurbishment of commercial properties.
- Preparing Capital Allowances Valuation Reports (CAVR) for submission to HMRC.
- Ensuring the CAVR is prepared in accordance with HMRC guidelines and to year end deadlines.
- Liaising with clients & their accountants to resolve queries, ensuring prompt submission and delivering a first-class service
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the customer management system (CMS) and spreadsheets to ensure accurate record keeping
Requirements for the role of Capital Allowances Analyst:
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of due diligence within the remit of the role
- Strong numeric and written skills
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Acts on own initiative to find solutions, showing a strong work ethic and demonstrating extra effort when required.
- Is keen to learn; proactively responding to feedback, learning from experience and developing own professional skills and knowledge.
- Team working skills – along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines that company’s service works within (training will be provided).
The ideal candidate for the role of Capital Allowances Analyst will have:
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel and Microsoft Work
- A strong academic record – the role requires strong analytical skills and attention to detail and therefore a degree (2:1) and three A levels (A*-C) are preferred