Capital Allowance Tax Analyst job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6621
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: 10-05-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our Client is looking to recruit a Capital Allowance Tax Analyst, this role is one that would suit someone who has worked within Tax or Accountancy arena, with an understanding of Capital Allowance/HMRC legislation and who now would like to work within industry/commercial sector
Role & Responsibilities for the position of Capital Allowance Tax Analyst:
- Analysing capital expenditure relating to the purchase, construction and refurbishment of commercial properties.
- Preparing Capital Allowances Valuation Reports (CAVR) for submission to HMRC.
- Ensuring the CAVR is prepared in accordance with HMRC guidelines and to year end deadlines.
- Liaising with clients & their accountants to resolve queries, ensure prompt submission and deliver
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the customer management system (CMS) and updating spreadsheets to ensure accurate record keeping
Requirements/Skills needed for the role of Capital Allowance Tax Analyst:
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines that company’s service works within (training will be provided on the company’s service).
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of due diligence within the remit of the role
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Is aware of and understands their own KPIs and is driven to achieve/exceed these
- Acts on own initiative to find solutions, showing a strong work ethic and demonstrating extra effort when required.
- Is keen to learn; proactively responding to feedback, learning from experience and developing own professional skills and knowledge.
- Team working skills – along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Excel and Microsoft Work
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with proven analytical skills and attention to detail
Excellent salary, bonuses of up to £6k a year plus fantastic working environment