Buying/Purchasing Administrator job in Bury
Job Ref: 7094
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 21-07-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Textiles/ Fashion
Our client is a market leading, expanding organisation who are seeking a Buying Administrator to support their Head of Supply Chain
You will be required to undertake a wide range of administrative tasks and analysis to support and help manage the day to day purchasing of textiles from Southern Asia and the Far East.
This role will involve liaising with suppliers in Pakistan, China, India and Bangladesh, to build and maintain relationships and to help ensure the smooth running of the supply chain process.
It is a key support to the Head of Supply Chain.
- Liaise daily with suppliers to progress the development of product place purchase orders and track progress of these orders to facilitate on time delivery
- Monitor and track new products for pricing and sampling, and report on the critical path, mitigating risk when needed.
- Attend pre-production meetings and update progress of orders for your supplier base.
- Liaise with Merchandise, Sales and QC Departments from initiation of sampling to delivery into warehouse, to facilitate smooth ordering, shipment and reporting processes.
- Track and record price negotiations, contracts and agreements. Production of reports and close liaison with Head of Supply Chain and Senior Buyer on financial implications and contract status.
- Maintain a detailed cost price database .Provide analysis on cost prices to internal stakeholders
- Collate and distribute supply chain information and analysis to the business, such as weekly shipment lists, invoice and packing details, relevant market place data, historic pricing reports.
- Attend supplier and agent meetings .Compile performance management information relating to suppliers to ensure continuous improvement within the supply chain
- Liaise with suppliers and the Imports Department on consolidation of containers, shipments and Letters of Credit.
- Arrange and monitor overseas courier parcels, inbound and outbound
- Excellent attention to detail. Commercial. Resilient .A great communicator and team player
- An ability to work autonomously and under pressure, to prioritise workload.
- An ability to manage a range of internal and external stakeholders (customers, suppliers, internal colleagues and senior management) and to work effectively under pressure.
- Articulate, with an excellent command of both oral and written English
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.