Buying Administrator job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6838
Job Type: CONTRACT
Date Posted: 30-06-2020
Category: Administration Office Support, Logistics/ Supply Chain, Textiles/ Fashion
Our client, a designer and manufacturer of soft furnishings, is looking to recruit a Buying Administrator on a 12 month Maternity contract , working in and supporting the Packaging and Buying function of the business.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Buying Administrator:
- Coordination of Packaging purchasing
- Sending briefs to the printing suppliers
- Checking supplier samples
- Liaising with customers and suppliers both here and overseas
- Supporting the Buying Team
- Updating internal pricing records, critical path documentation and tracking of delivery/production schedules
- Coordinate shipment consolidations
- Processing import documentation for FOB Shipments
- Arrange overseas couriers
- Arranging business trips for Senior Management team in UK and overseas
The ideal candidate for the role of Buying Administrator:
- Experience from a buying function
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skill and the ability to articulate verbally, in letter, reports and presentations.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel packages
- Experience in a similar role.
- A background in packaging would be ideal but is not essential.
Early finish Friday, Free Car Parking and Staff Discount on products.