Buyer job in Oldham
Job Ref: 6534
Job Type: CONTRACT, PART
Date Posted: 20-11-2018
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our long established client who design and manufacture specialist parts for the engineering sector is looking for a Buyer to cover a maternity contract, from January 2019 to April 2020.
Hours of work are: Monday – Thursday 09:00am- 15:00pm and Friday 08:30am- 1:30pm
Role, Responsibilities and Skills required for the role of Buyer:
- Working in their Manufacturing Department, the role requires an experienced buyer and ideally will have some engineering knowledge
- Procurement of various engineering materials such as Stainless Steel, Nickel Aluminium Bronze, Copper Nickel, Forgings, Castings and other engineering items.
- Alongside procurement, the business also runs multiple Call Off orders,so this person be able to run and manage these orders, liaising and negotiating with suppliers for new call off orders.
- Dealing with multiple suppliers and negotiate to obtain best price and delivery between the suppliers.
- The candidate must be able to deal with subcontractors such as welders, painters etc. effectively.
- Also purchasing of workshop overalls and safety shoes together with the procurement of all consumable items within the company including tooling, lubricants, calibration & stationery !
- Most of their work involves purchasing to specific Industry Standards, as they deal with the MOD, Rolls Royce and worldwide Naval fleets worldwide, so any experience in dealing within these types of industries would also be advantageous.
- The ideal candidate must be able to use an MRP system effectively and manage and control stock levels efficiently to ensure they meet demands. The business use an MRP System called “Navision” and experience with Navision is desirable but not essential, as training will be given.
- Experience with Word and Excel are needed as various tasks include price comparisons etc.
- Must have a good telephone manner and be able to liaise with suppliers i.e. chasing orders/quotations & enquiries.
- Also be required if needed to visit suppliers and be involved in internal audits by the company or their customers.
- Maintain the purchasing filing systems in order and be able to retrieve information when needed.
- Must be able to use own initiative and work as part of a team liaising/discussing potential problems with the production director when necessary.
- Will be required to attend weekly meetings and report on any current projects that they are involved in
- Keep up to date information on the computer system, amending information when and where necessary, within various formats, these include making sure that all the Supplier ISO Certifications are attached to the vendor card and are updated accordingly when they expire.
- Deal with and correct invoice queries effectively.