Business Development Manager job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6474
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £40,000, Bonus £25,000
Date Posted: 13-09-2018
Our client is a busy and expanding organisation who are seeking a Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Commercial Director
This role ensures the recruitment and development of new and existing customers. Enabling the customer to sell or use the range of products and services that our client offers, to maximize sales and margin opportunities.
- To achieve and exceed all agreed sales targets and KPI’s.
- Proactively target, recruit and enable new End-User customers to generate new revenue streams.
- Protect and grow existing business, where assigned.
- Day to day management of partners and end-users, in conjunction with internal account managers to qualify, maintain and log all opportunities.
- Accurate and timely forecasting and pipeline management to meet short and medium-term business plans.
- To liaise with the Commercial Director/Manager to pass accurate and timely information.
- Establish our client as the primary supplier of IT technology equipment and services to existing and new partners/end-users.
- Manage effectively the proposition and work pro-actively to generate new business.
- Accurately update internal IT systems with details of all customer contacts/activities.
- React responsively and in a timely manner to customer queries and issues.
- Develop and maintain good and effective working relationships with all internal contacts and vendors.
- Fully understand and adhere to sales processes.
- Maintain high levels of knowledge on current and future products and services
- Maintain knowledge of the industry and competitor activity to better promote the proposition.
- Regularly monitor the account base to better understand buying patterns and to identify opportunities for new products and services within the customer base.
- Respond to management requests in a timely manner.
- Undertake regular face to face meetings with partners, end-users and prospects.
- Ability to manage territory, diary and time effectively.
- Any other duties as necessary to the role.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work to very tight deadlines, as part of a team or on an individual basis.
- Strong organizational skills with the determination and dedication to meet objectives and get the job done.
- Delivery focused, able to work calmly & effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Able to work effectively on a number of issues at one time and manage constantly changing priorities and commitments.
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively and make decisions on a day to day basis with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter who displays initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office programs is required
- Knowledge and experience of working with software solutions such as Visio, AutoCAD, etc. would be desirable
- An understanding of IT technologies including but not limited to Networking, Storage, Data Security and Software based solutions
- Any formal IT industry qualifications such as ITIL would be seen as advantageous and desirable
- History of selling high value technical solutions
- Knowledge of branded vendor solutions such as Cisco, Huawei, ZTE, HP, etc. would be advantageous