Business Development Manager job in Birmingham
Job Ref: 6771
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 23-01-2020
Our client is a leading IT/Print solutions provided based in the Midlands and is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to cover Gloucester through to Bristol
Role Overview for the Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will be responsible both for seeking out new business opportunities as well as driving the services strategy, approaching and networking around a large variety of key stakeholders both internally and external in a variety of industries.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for promoting the full document services portfolio and supporting key account customers
Key Responsibilities for the position of Business Development Manager
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting client’s objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, proposals etc
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new prospects and existing customers
Person specification for the role of Business Development Manager
- 5+ years’ experience selling Documents Solutions/Scanning Solutions/inbound & outbound Mail solutions/Managed Print
- New business attitude and experience
- Strong B2B sales experience & networking skills
- Consistently achieving sales revenue & margin targets
- Being able to demonstrate strong consultative, negotiations and closing skills.
- High level of written communication skills in order to respond to proposals, tender situations and quotations.
- Proven success in gaining and building relationships with larger accounts and in delivering high value sales with long selling cycles.
- High level of commercial/business awareness within the sales environment.
- The Business Development Manager must have experience of providing innovative and creative solutions that meets the customer’s need and business drivers.
- Real go getter for new business
- Confident and articulate
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM platforms
- LinkedIn Social Selling experience
Excellent package with a very competitive basic and an ote of up to £80k plus company car or car allowance.