Business Development Executive job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6042
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000
Date Posted: 4th July, 2017
Category: Customer Services, Sales
This role is an ideal position for a Graduate calibre driven sales professional who has at least 12 months experience within a field or internal sales position and is looking for a genuine career path to senior level management.
The client is looking for someone with potential, who can be mentored into a management position long term.. someone who has drive, determination and who genuinely has a passion for sales, customer relationship management and sees their career path within a sales environment.
You must have the ability and be able to prove that you are capable of creating new business together with managing existing customers to ensure maximisation of business potential is achieved, exceptional communication skills is essential.
Together with a strong educational background and sales experience , it would be ideal if you had any online marketing/webshop selling experience also
Role and Responsibilities:
To ensure that area sales targets are achieved
To keep a high level of customer contact on a regular basis, maintain existing business and to report on new business opportunities, customer satisfaction, market information and competitor activity.
You will work towards increasing their customer service level and expand customer base.
In addition, you will work closely with the Internal Sales Team to identify and develop new accounts.
• Present the company image and business in a professional manner.
• Visit existing and new customers on a regular basis and provide information and support as necessary.
• To be responsible for sales development and ensure that annual sales forecasts are achieved.
• Promote all aspects of the business’s portfolio as required to all appropriate customers in the sales area and to ensure new products or product lines are introduced where applicable.
• Maintain up to date customer files and keep Internal Sales up to date with customer information/requirements/quotations etc.
• Negotiate prices/contracts in line with current price lists/stock profile/strategy or after agreement with the MD.
• Ensure any price changes are negotiated and recorded as appropriate.
• Work closely with the Sales Office to ensure a high level of customer contact and to ensure sales opportunities are maximised to the full.
• Offer technical advice according to ability and experience and liaise internally or with suppliers as appropriate.
• Collect and collate market and competitor information as required.
• Prepare area sales statistics for monthly review and annual forecast preparation.
• Report and present area sales information at area reviews/sales meeting as required.
• Prepare and maintain a project list/project pipeline for new opportunities and ongoing developments.
• Plan and publish a detailed weekly itinerary for customer visits.
• To assist the Sales Administrator in settling any customer claims for credit in a prompt and efficient manner.
• To understand the Company administrative procedures, including credit control and the requirements of the quality system.
• To carry out other reasonable tasks which may be required
Excellent salary plus profit share, car allowance and benefits
Career Development Opportunities:
- Enter the business as an Internal Sales Development Executive during the training phase
- Agreed training plan to progress to full External Business Development role within 6 – 9 months
- Training plan to cover exposure to the business financials / drivers / 3 year plan – progression to Assistant MD
- Long term aim to be positioned as MD in the future (2 – 3 years)