Business Development Executive job in Worsley
Job Ref: 6875
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 17-09-2020
Category: Engineering, Sales
Our client is a leading supplier and distributor of plastic products to an extensive industry base and is looking to strengthen and support their expansion with the appointment of a Business Development Executive,.
This is an internal based role with the opportunity, following training in products, to move into a field based role and in the future into a Senior Management position
It is essential that you are a highly proactive individual who is focused on new business development; the company is known for its exceptional customer service and quality of products and ideally would suit someone who has worked within engineering, manufacturing, maintenance or food industry or any technical product environment
Must have a really strong understanding of the sales process
This role is seen as a leadership role within the business to drive their sales growth on a day to day basis, to support the MD in mentoring and improving the skills of their current sales team, and to promote and install a more entrepreneurial mind set in the sales team.
The successful applicant will need to be able to prioritise workload and opportunities to achieve the best sales outcome for the business and to show leadership in this area. The role should be seen as their daily sales champion, ensuring the business is proactive as opposed to reactive
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Business Development Executive:
• Present the company image and business in a professional manner.
• Maintain and make contact with both existing and new customers on a regular basis and provide information and support as necessary.
• Negotiate prices/contracts in line with current price lists/stock profile/strategy
• Work closely with the Sales / Admin Office to ensure a high level of customer contact and to ensure sales opportunities are maximised to the full.
• Maintain up to date customer files and keep Internal Sales up to date with customer information/requirements/quotations etc.
• To be responsible for sales development activities.
• Offer technical advice according to ability and experience and liaise internally or with suppliers as appropriate.
• Collect and collate market and competitor information as required.
• Prepare area sales statistics for monthly review and annual forecast preparation.
• Report and present area sales information at area reviews/sales meeting as required.
• Prepare and maintain a project list/project pipeline for new opportunities and ongoing developments.
• Plan and publish a detailed weekly itinerary for customer contact / visits.
• To assist the Sales Administrator in settling any customer claims for credit in a prompt and efficient manner.
• To understand the Company administrative procedures, including credit control and the requirements of the quality system
• To carry out other reasonable tasks which may be required.
Excellent Development Opportunities
- Enter the business as an BDE during the training phase
- Agreed training plan to progress to full BDM within 6 – 9 months which will include external customer meetings
- Training plan to cover exposure to the business financials / drivers / 3 year plan – progression to Assistant MD within 12 – 18 months