Business Development Executive Internal Role job in Worsley
Job Ref: 6221
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 8th November, 2017
This role is an internal based position initially but with opportunity to move in to a field based position long term
Product sales role, selling to a variety of different industries including construction , automotive, and manufacturing etc. Full Product Training given
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that area sales targets are achieved, maintain profitable growth and to develop sales in line with short term plans (annual forecasts) and long term strategies (3 Year Plan).
To keep a high level of customer contact on a regular basis, maintain existing business and to report on new business opportunities, customer satisfaction, market information and competitor activity.
You will work towards increasing their customer service levels and expand their customer base. In addition, you will work closely with the Internal Sales Team to identify and develop new accounts.
• Present the company image and business in a professional manner.
• Visit existing and new customers on a regular basis and provide information and support as necessary.
• To be responsible for sales development and ensure that annual sales forecasts are achieved.
• Promote all aspects of the product portfolio as required to all appropriate customers in the sales area and to ensure new products or product lines are introduced where applicable.
• Maintain up to date customer files and keep Internal Sales up to date with customer information/requirements/quotations etc.
• Negotiate prices/contracts in line with current price lists/stock profile/strategy or after agreement with the Sales Manager.
• Ensure any price changes are negotiated and recorded as appropriate.
• Work closely with the Sales Office to ensure a high level of customer contact and to ensure sales opportunities are maximised to the full.
• Offer technical advice according to ability and experience and liaise internally or with suppliers as appropriate.
• Collect and collate market and competitor information as required.
• Prepare area sales statistics for monthly review and annual forecast preparation.
• Report and present area sales information at area reviews/sales meeting as required.
• Prepare and maintain a project list/project pipeline for new opportunities and ongoing developments.
• Plan and publish a detailed weekly itinerary for customer visits.
• To assist the Administrator in settling any customer claims for credit in a prompt and efficient manner.
• To understand the Company administrative procedures, including credit control and the requirements of the quality system (SPI’s).
• To carry out other reasonable tasks which may be required.
• Maintain regular contact with all your personal key/target accounts as agreed in your Sales Plan and increase the customer base and profitability .
• Work with the Sales Manager and Internal Sales team to increase sales and profit to existing and potential accounts in your designated area.
• Assist in the total effort of the Company in meeting and exceeding its forecast sales and profit targets and in the smooth and efficient working of all areas of the business.