Business Development Director job in Preston
Job Ref: 6466
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000
Date Posted: 23-08-2018
Commercial Landlord Division
Our client is a leading, highly successful designer, supplier and installer of renewable energy systems to the owners and operators of industrial and manufacturing properties in the UK. The Company is now looking to expand further into the wider commercial landlord market. As a result of this, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly professional, senior Business Development Director with experience of selling into this sector; with target clients such as private landlords with large property portfolios of commercial property, Corporate Commercial Property businesses and Pension Funds who own property as part of their portfolios.
The role will be the required to further develop and refine the company’s proposition in this sector and to act as a figurehead for the Company across the market place. The position will primarily require a business development skill set in order to form strong sales relationships with the key commercial/industrial landlord contacts (and in certain instances the major tenant occupiers) across the UK.
The position will hold full responsibility for the financial performance of their Commercial Landlord Division. The role will be required to deliver a profitable entry into the market place and to produce an ongoing achievement of agreed budgets. With full support from the business, this role will drive the revenue from their sector through stand-alone business development, marketing and sales activities implemented by the incumbent.
Additionally, the position will be a senior position within the business and will contribute generally to the strategic development of the Company.
Based in the North West but covering UK and the role offers exceptional marketing and research support from the Head Office
Key Responsibilities of the role of Business Development Director:
- Finesse and market the business proposition of renewable energy systems for the Commercial Landlord and Tenant sector in the UK.
- Deliver a business development plan through direct contact and sales relationships with key clients in order to deliver renewable energy installations and ongoing revenue streams.
- Deliver a financial contribution the business consistent with agreed budgets.
- Understand the commercial technicalities of Renewable Energy generation and ensure financial and contractual models are consistent with best practice across the industry.
- Exploit opportunities for incremental market share by being cognoscente of emerging technologies and commercial models available within the mid to large commercial renewable energy market place.
- In time build a Landlord Unit team and manage those resources to achieve optimal performance.
- Act as a figurehead for the business across the industry and assist in wider business development objectives where appropriate.
- Input to the strategic direction and the general development of the company.
The Ideal Candidate for the role of Business Development Director
- First and foremost, this is a business development role and the successful candidate will have to demonstrate a very strong sales acumen into large corporates at a senior level (Board).
- They will have to have sold and successfully negotiated large contract, services or capital items ideally into the Commercial Property market.
- An existing contact base across the large Commercial property ownership and tenant market would be highly desirable.
- An understanding of the Renewable Energy Sector in the UK would be an advantage but not essential.
- They will be financially and commercially astute with an understanding of business contracts.
- They will have the ability to build a proposition, marketing and business development plan. They will initially need to enact this alone and therefore they will need to be entrepreneurial and a self-starter.
- They will need to have potential staff management and team building skills. They will be naturally outgoing with leadership and figurehead qualities.
- They will need to be comfortable working in a tight knit small company environment whilst demonstrating corporate rigour and disciplines.
- Fundamentally the individual must be driven by the over achievement of sales targets and making a positive financial contribution to the business.