Bi-Lingual Customer Service Clerk French Speaking job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6424
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Date Posted: 12-07-2018
Category: Customer Services, Languages
Our client is a small freight forwarder specialising in freight services between the UK and French Speaking countries worldwide, acting as the middle man between manufacturers who have got products to move to / from and Europe and hauliers with trailers and drivers.
Due to expansion , they are recruiting a Bi-Lingual Customer Service Clerk with fluency in French and English both written and spoken
Role and Responsibilities of Bi-Lingual Customer Service Clerk:
- Customers liaison / customers services: quoting customers & following up on quotes, taking orders / bookings, answering queries from existing customers and potential new customers (trailer availability, transit time etc)
- Subcontracting: liaising with network of hauliers / trailer providers / contractors, sourcing trailer capacity from them, negotiating rates with them and organising transport operations by road as per customers requirements
- Monitoring transports, ensuring that the order goes smoothly from collection to delivery, solving problems, updating and reporting back to customers delivering a faultless customer service.
- Administration relating to each transport: making sure costings and info on file / on freight software is accurate before file is passed to invoicing dept
- Passing on off potential leads and new enquiries to the MD for follow up
This is a varied role, but the main responsibilities are around customer services and providing an excellent service at all times.
The Ideal Candidate for the role of Bi-Lingual Customer Service Clerk:
- Fluency in both English and French a must – both spoken and written
- 1 year experience minimum in the European road transport / freight industry (export and / or import) preferred
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active individual
This is a small team environment, friendly and close knit and the role of Bi-Lingual Customer Service Clerk reports directly to the MD