Bi Lingual Customer Service Clerk French Speaking job in Trafford Park

BACK

FavoriteLoadingSave Job

Job Ref: 6317

Job Type: PERM

Location: Trafford Park

Salary: £18,000 - £22,000

Date Posted: 22nd March, 2018

Category: Customer Services, Languages

Job Description

Our client is a small transport company that specialises in haulage and freight forwarding into Europe; handling export loads from the UK to Europe and import loads from Europe to the UK.

They act as the middle man between manufacturers who have got products to move to / from and Europe and hauliers with trailers and drivers, sourcing trailer capacity from and work with a number of French / English and European haulage companies.

Immediate start preferred

Role and Responsibilities:

  • Customers liaison / customers services: quoting customers & following up on quotes, taking orders / bookings, answering queries from existing customers and potential new customers (trailer availability, transit time etc)
  • Subcontracting: liaising with network of hauliers / trailer providers / contractors, sourcing trailer capacity from them, negotiating rates with them and organising transport operations by road as per customers requirements
  • Monitoring transports, ensuring that the order goes smoothly from collection to delivery, solving problems, updating and reporting back to customers delivering a faultless customer service.
  • Admin relating to each transport: making sure costings and info on file / on freight software is accurate before file is passed to invoicing dept
  • Identifying new possible leads and passing them to the MD for follow up
  • This is a varied role, but the main role is customer services and providing an excellent service at all times.
  • 90% of customers are English, the other 10% French, whilst most of the hauliers are French hauliers, so fluency in both English and French is a must – both spoken and written.

Skills required for the role:

  • Fluency in both English and French a must – both spoken and written
  • 1 year experience minimum in the European road transport / freight industry (export and / or import) preferred
  • Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
  • Good organisational skills
  • Enthusiastic and pro-active individual

  • Contact Details

  • Job Details

  • CV upload

  •    

    For assistance with your CV, try our CV Builder, here

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.