Assistant Product Developer job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6020
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Our client is looking for an individual with the relevant qualifications and some experience of new product development from within the textiles/clothing industry
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create accurate and detailed specifications with guidance and knowledge of other team members, updating as necessary through from proto to salesman samples and/or approval to bulk production.
- Gain knowledge on fit by reviewing all samples with Senior Product Developer, amending as guided when necessary.
- Working to corporate calendar dates relevant to product, e.g. samples at all stages being received and comments made / fabric & trim approval etc completed in line with critical path deadlines.
- Liaise with factories and designers, creating clear and concise sample comments to ensure all changes are understood and actioned by the factories with guidance from other team members.
- Gain knowledge of product construction & be aware of new fabric/trim developments.
- Keep target monitors and critical paths up to date throughout the season.
- Keep all style files up to date and in line with trading standards.
- Understand the need to maintain Grade 1 QC standard.
- Review supplier AQL’s and issue permission to ship letters, with the addition of certificates of conformity for USA orders as guided by other team members.
- Gain an understanding of QI results.
- Shop visits to look at construction and quality.
- Resolve customer service / sales queries in a timely manner, ensuring awareness of any customer complaints.
- Understand the need for good communication with the goods in warehouse to raise any issues in a timely manner.
- Arrange testing as requested by the Technical Manager or other senior members of the team.
- Give feedback on factories so that the Gold/Silver/Bronze can be completed.
- Help with the completion of the bible on time and accurately.
- Help with the completion of accurate comparisons between men’s, women’s and styles on given product area.
- Generate and approve FC labels.
- Carry out seasonal housekeeping to ensure that samples / paperwork are archived and electronic data is accurate / up to date.
- Range launch preparation.
- Undertake such tasks and duties as may be reasonably requested by your manager or other members of the management team.
Experience: Relevant experience for the role
- Relevant degree in clothing technology/design.
- Ideally work experience within the Product Development function
Other Significant Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge:
- Computer literate with knowledge of Illustrator.
- Ideally some knowledge of pattern cutting, construction and manufacturing techniques.
- Be organised, accurate and have a good eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.