Assistant Contracts Manager job in Wythenshawe
Job Ref: 7251
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 14-01-2022
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing Environment
Assistant Contracts Manager, project manage contracts for education sector, UK Travel, Shop Fitting/Interiors industry/Site management experience ideal, CSCS or equivalent, SSSTS/SMSTS certificate ess. Salary c£40,000
Our client is a highly respected refurbishment contractor working within the Education and Industrial sectors and due to continued success and expansion is looking to recruit an Assistant Contracts Manager.
The business undertake refurbishment and fit-out of laboratories and other technical spaces in schools, universities and industrial facilities. These projects encompass building alterations, M&E service provision and furniture fit-out. Project values range from £50K to £1.5m
The role of Assistant Contracts Manager is to support the Contracts Manager in all areas. They should be flexible and be able to price work, purchase materials, liaise with clients and project manage sites from setup through to hand over.
This role would suit an Assistant Contracts Manager/Project Manager or a Site Manager looking to progress.
You will need to be able to cover multiple projects at any one time, over a large geographical area.
Full UK driving licence to enable travel to sites nationwide.
Proven experience in shop-fitting or interiors industry.
M&E or building background and happy to be hands on.
The Role of Assistant Contracts Manager
Support the Contracts Manager with the following:-
- Survey site – either alone or in tandem with a salesman.
- Produce costing for surveyed works as basis for quotation
- Oversee production of Construction Phase documents including risk assessments and method statements
- Develop programme of works for each site
- Set up site, select site team, appoint and manage sub-contractors
- Negotiate costs with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Co-ordinate trades and manage resources for each project
- Manage progress on site to ensure all contracts are finished on time, to agreed specification and within budget
- Assist with management and implementation of health and safety procedures within CDM regulations, working closely with Health & Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered to.
- Liaise with clients to update progress and resolve any issues which occur on site
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Check purchase ledger and sub-contract invoices against orders/work carried out to ensure correctness and to maintain margin
- On completion, arrange for handover, post contract meetings, certification, operations manuals etc.
The ideal Candidate for the position of Assistant Contracts Manager
- Ideally you should live within easy commuting distance of Manchester as you will be based at the head office when not on site. Working week is Monday to Friday (weekends not expected).
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A real team player, with an abundance of passion, loyalty and honesty.
- Ability to work on own as well as part of the team
- Valid CSCS card (or equivalent).
- Valid SSSTS/ SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid certificate desirable
- Construction Management – HNC, HND desirable
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
- H&S experience – producing RAMS and promoting a positive attitude towards Health & Safety
- Construction experience, hands on preferably
- Good knowledge of current construction techniques and Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of CDM and building regulations.
- IT proficient – MS Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Willing to travel and stay away
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and a keen eye for detail
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Track record of successful projects