Assistant Accountant job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6098
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced (3-5 years ideally) who has experience of balance sheets, Advanced Excel, data manipulation and Credit Control
Team fit is extremely important as although large company, the accounts team is a small close knit group, so must be a team player
Purpose of the role
To assist and support the Finance & Payroll Team in the provision of a high quality finance and payroll service to wider business
Reporting directly to the Management Accountant and also assisting / covering other members within the Finance & Payroll Team.
- Preparation and maintenance of the monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Produce a monthly report of old items to the Financial Controller and Management Accountant.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly VAT calculation.
- Keep abreast of developments in VAT regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the day to day arrears process, ensure all debt is actively chased and deal with queries.
- Ensure arrears KPIs / statistics are up-to-date.
- Assist in the maintenance of the integrity of the financial database, ensuring amendments /corrections are accurately and promptly actioned and documented.
- Assist with the posting of the bank account transactions, raising CHAPS, BACS payments and manual cheques.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Good standard of education including 5 GCSE grade A-C or equivalent. Desirable