Assistant Accountant job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 7090
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Date Posted: 15-07-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client, based in Altrincham, and operating in the service sector, is looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a permanent fulltime basis, 9am-5pm
Initially the role will be working from home but it will be based back in their Head Office in the near future
The role requires someone with experience in a similar position to join their small and friendly team
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Assistant Accountant
- Daily bank postings and update cash flow.
- Update banking file for all sales channels, post sales journal.
- Process purchase invoices and payments.
- Quarterly Supplier account reconciliations.
- Process payroll and post journals.
- VAT return preparation.
- Issue and chase recharge invoices.
- Prepare P11D’s and Office of National Statistics returns.
- Period end processing, Prepayment and Accruals.
- Ensure Trial balance accuracy and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation of audit file and corporation tax information.
- Track royalty income and reconcile monthly reports.
- Prepare commercial reports as cover.
- Adhoc and administrative tasks as required.
Skills and Experience required for the position of Assistant Accountant
- AAT Level 3 and above or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in bookkeeping or similar role.
- Advanced level of competence with Microsoft Excel.
- Highly numerate with clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at prioritising workload effectively and meeting deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Capable of building strong, professional working relationships.
- Team Player.
- Experience of Sage200 and Sage Payroll (desirable but not essential).
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increases to 28 with service
- Life assurance (three times basic salary)
- Pension Scheme
- Discounts in their stores