Area Sales Manager job in Oldham
Job Ref: 6509
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 10-10-2018
Our client, established in the 1940’s and a leading supplier of goods to specialist educational retailers is looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager covering North and Eastern Manchester to further expand their valued team
Role and Responsibilities of Area Sales Manager:
The successful individual will have overall responsibility for the areas sales activity reporting directly to the Senior Regional Sales Manager.
You will be responsible for servicing an established account base and gaining sales growth through these accounts, in addition to sales growth through the addition of new account business within the specific geographic region.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with current accounts within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with new prospective customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend and run “pop-up” sells, customer events as and when required by the business.
- Maintain accurate data flow into the Head Office and/or reporting systems
- Develop profiles and business plans for each customer account.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data – for Business budgeting, sales pipeline and annual reviews with customer accounts.
- Methodically follow business processes
- Feedback customer comments to the design department
- Contribute ideas for the marketing to develop and promote our business further.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to increase sales with existing customer base and recruit new business.
- Office/Home based with extensive travel within region.
Person Specification for the role of Area Sales Manager
- An experienced area, or territory Sales Manager, ideally with experience within the education sector
- Highly organised, attentive to detail with excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and passionate.
- An ability to establish strong working relationships
- Good team player, proactive, methodical and organised with strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Ability to work unsupervised in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail and within critical deadlines
- IT literate with good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Must have experience of a field based sales role
- Must hold a full and current driving license
Excellent salary, bonus and benefits including:
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone