Archivist 12 month contract job in Bury
Job Ref: 6189
Job Type: CONTRACT
Date Posted: 6th October, 2017
Our client, who is currently celebrating 100 years of business in the soft furnishings and textiles industry and is a leading supplier to the UK retail sector is looking to recruit an Archivist to create a back catalogue database of their designs on a new software system, Daminion, from Ned Graphics which is used for the development of designs.
Their success reflects a passion for design, a focus on innovation and their commitment to providing high quality products and great customer service.
Their designs have go on to become some of the best selling collections seen in retailers today, as well as online, with independents and mail order companies, designing tomorrow’s best selling home fashion collections
Their Design Team is one of the largest in the industry and has an enviable reputation for interpreting trends to create fabulous collections that become the season’s ‘must have’ designs.
They invest heavily in design and colour so that their collections are vibrant and relevant to today’s fashions.
Their designers travel extensively, visiting London, Paris and New York, to make sure they reflect the very latest fashion in our designs.
Whether working with an in-house design team, or launching one of their own brand collections, they bring the same insight and passion to every project.
They know presentation is as important as the product itself, which is why they have their own Photography and Packaging Team, who work to ensure every design is packaged for success.
All of our designs are displayed in their showrooms at their Head Office, which provides the perfect space for supporting customers with design development and selection.
They have recently invested in new Design Asset Management software called Daminion and are now looking for an Archivist, for a 12 month contract to manage the completion of the archiving of a back catalogue of designs, currently in excess of 5000 (20,000 images). This includes hand drawn paintings and all designs currently stored in multiple databases in Nedgraphics, which is the software used for the development of designs.
- Lead the project to archive and catalogue all current design assets, from original artwork through to all internal development and links.
- To formalize a procedure and best working practice for logging designs and all other ancillary information into Daminion software.
- Document standard operating procedure and provide training and support for all users where required.
- Assist in the housekeeping of design files
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent planning, time management and prioritisation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to articulate verbally and in writing.
- Key experience in a similar role.
- IT literate.
- Experience of design asset management software an advantage.