Apprentice job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6629
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Date Posted: 17-05-2019
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services
This role is an apprenticeship scheme, full training and college support, for an enthusiastic hard working and committed individual looking for their first position after leaving school/college or equivalent
The position is for an international business operating in the food industry with worldwide sites and operations
Based in the Customer Service Department, you will be offered full training and support in the following areas:
Training, Role and Responsibilities for the position of Apprentice :
- Assisting the CS Team in the efficient operation of the CS function in Manchester.
- Order Processing and progressing
- Administer Calibration system, ensuring efficient production of calibration certificates
- To enter data, as required by the Service Coordinators, scan and attach documents to meet with our current service procedures
- Processing of supplier invoices on SAP system and dealing with discrepancies, and then filing of those invoices.
- Prepare Engineer Expenses for Authorisation
- Provide administration support to the Sales Team, as necessary
- Booking of hotel accommodation and making travel arrangements including overseas, as necessary
- To answer the telephone and provide a reception service, where necessary, taking telephone messages for colleagues who are out of the office.
- Arrange catering and refreshments for meetings and training.
- To be responsible for the ordering of all stationery, stock control and the efficient operation of all office equipment.
- To open incoming post, and distribute and send out post
- Ultimate aim to assist and provide cover in the following areas:
- Purchasing, i.e. materials requirement planning, purchase order progressing.
- Service administration
Skills required for the role of Apprentice:
- Minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths and English (or projected results)
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.
- Knowledge of Windows and basic Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc. a distinct advantage
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers and colleagues.
- Good organisational skills, methodical and logical.
- Good time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team player, driven, doer, achiever
- Reliable, compliant, self-checking, able to meet deadlines