Accounts Office Manager job in Heald Green
Job Ref: 6338
Job Type: PERM
Location: Heald Green
Salary: £25,000 -£28,000
Date Posted: 18th April, 2018
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support, Administrative, Management
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager with a background in accounts to provide administrative support for Manchester office functions, especially in: accounts, QHSE and maintenance
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for as follows:
- Accounts assistance for Manchester office: Maintain records to present to accountant for monthly management accounts; manage cash flow and reconcile cash and bank statements; provide Corporate Accounts Team with monthly inter-company expenses; prepare monthly salary adjustments for submission to accountant; year-end analysis of staff expenses to provide accountant with information for Inland Revenue reporting; contact for UK VAT/Inland Revenue inspections
- QHSE assistance for Manchester office: Promote a safe environment for staff/visitors/service staff/property etc; monitor office compliance with UK legislation; draft office/fire risk assessments for management approval and ensure compliance; maintain Manchester Office HSE Procedure; ensure completion of 6 months checklists, emergency lighting tests, PAT electrical testing, fire extinguisher servicing; maintain Fire Safety Log Book and Accident Record Book; contact for landlord’s fire risk assessor inspections
- Office Management/Administration: General secretarial assistance as required, arranging economic travel arrangements as required, including: flights/trains; car hire; airport car park bookings; currency; obtaining Consular/Foreign Office advice; alerting of any special requirements e.g. visa, vaccinations, insurance, visa applications; ensuring risk assessments are completed for site visits prior to travel.
- Reception duties: including: receiving general telephone enquiries and follow-up; greeting visitors; arranging taxis, hotels, meeting room management and organizing refreshments; incoming and outgoing mail; urgent courier dispatches
- General Office Administration:Manage office stationery and consumables (including refreshments) and arrange economic purchases.Circulation and filing of information
- Maintenance: Manage the maintenance of the office to ensure the office is clean, well-maintained and furnished; arrange for any necessary works, repairs.
Skills and Experience required for the role:
- A good standard of education, preferably including business studies and book-keeping.
- At least 2-3 years’ office management/administration experience
- Good communication skills and telephone manner+
- Computer literacy – good knowledge of MS Office
- Self-motivation and initiative are essential qualities to identify areas for operational improvement and legal compliance.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure and prioritise, to deal with a variety of constantly changing tasks/targets with minimum supervision.