1st/2nd Line Support Engineer job in Radcliffe
Job Ref: 7007
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 19-04-2021
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital
Based in house within a friendly team, our client is looking to recruit a 1st/2nd line Support Engineer to provide provide support to the business in a fast paced, customer focused environment
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to progress your career and support their digital transformation.
Hours of Work: 6am – 2.30pm
Driving licence and own vehicle are essential as supporting two sites in Manchester area
Experience required for the 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
- Experience in PC/laptop physical hardware set-up and maintenance
- In-depth knowledge and experience in desktop software configuration, including Windows 10.
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office applications including Office 365.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and associated policies.
- Good working knowledge of network technologies such as IP/DHCP, DNS, WiFi, VPN and ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of security software and antivirus products
Essential Requirements foe 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
- Active Directory including GPO’s
- Network experience – TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019
- Windows 10 & VMware
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
Preferred Skills but not essential
- Cloud Services – Microsoft 365 or One Drive
- Experience working on small to medium sized IT projects.
- ITIL related process’s and complementary tools.
The ideal candidate for the position of 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
- Ability to clarify, plan and prioritise own work to achieve objectives
- Take ownership and pride in projects, setting and achieving high standards for self and working with a team.
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to respond appropriately to the needs of demanding users, seeking guidance on priorities where appropriate.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Determination to take issues through to resolution and be willing to go the extra mile to succeed.